Dependent & Spouse Audits

Person using a magnifying glass and calculator


Periodically, the Trust will reach out to you to verify all dependents enrolled in your health plan are eligible. 
To complete the required dependent audit, you will be required to submit documentation to the Trust.
Respond to all requests for documentation. Failure to complete this process may result in your dependent(s) loss of coverage.

What Document to Submit

Submit a copy of one of the following document types for the current or most recent year (remember to black out the first five digits of Social Security numbers):

Spouse Audits

  • Federal tax return (first page only)
  • State tax return 
  • Mortgage statement
  • Mortgage interest or insurance
  • Bank statement
  • Active lease agreement
  • Homeowners or renters insurance
  • Property tax statement
  • Auto loan statement 
  • Credit card statement (including department store cards)


Dependent Audits

  • Federal tax return (first page only)
  • Birth certificate or adoption papers
  • Proof of residency (driver's license, state ID, report card, letter from school including a current address)

Submitting a Document


  1. Online: Visit the Dependent Verification Portal at and click on "Verify my Dependent Eligibility." Upload the scanned copy of your document.
  2. Fax: 877-965-9555
    Include a fax cover page for tracking purposes.
  3. Mail: Dependent Verification Center
    P.O. Box 1401
    Lincolnshire, IL 60069-1401


If you have questions or require assistance:

Retiree Health Care Connect (RHCC)



Click "contact us"

Phone: 866-637-7555